Our COVID-19 Response
Officials have notified us that it’s safe to reopen. We have implemented the following safety measures as mandated by the state and in accordance with best health practices from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Treatment rooms and equipment will be cleaned before and after every patient according to CDC guidelines.
- We are conducting screenings at the door for all patients.
- Our staff are up-to-speed on COVID-19 symptoms and utilize recommended Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Our waiting room is closed to help ensure patients maintain a safe social distance. You may call or text our main line to inform the front desk of your arrival. We ask that you wait in your parked car or away from other patients outdoors.
- We will meet you at the door where your temperature will be taken prior to being seated. If you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath or other COVID-19 symptom your appointment will be rescheduled.
- Only patients, or patients plus one critical caregiver, are allowed into an appointment.
- All flyers, brochures, displays, toys, magazines, etc. have been removed.
- We ask that you wear a face-covering wherever possible.
- Any patients or staff who were diagnosed with COVID-19 must have an all-clear notification from their physician before entering our facility.
- We ask that all patients use the hand sanitizer provided at the front door upon entering. It will also be available in other areas of the office.
As always, our main concern is the safety and well-being of our patients and staff. If you have any questions or concerns, contact us at any time.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Dental Care of Laurel Lakes